Ratchet Limited, a company registered with Companies House in England and Wales under number 08918660. Our registered office is at CHASDAN, Castle House, Castle Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 3UW (“RATCHET”/“we”/“us”/”our”). We provide the website at https://weareratchet.com (the “Website”) and the services accessible from that Website (“Services”).
We collect minimal personal information about you and only what is strictly necessary to enable us to provide our Services to you. You are and always remain in control of that personal information. We want you to be aware at all times where and how your personal information is being used. This is of paramount importance to us.
So, let’s describe what this Policy tells you. It explains:
- what information we may collect about you;
- what we may do with the information we collect about you;
- whether we share your information with anyone else;
- the types of cookies we use and how you can reject these cookies;
- where we store your information;
- how we keep your information secure; and
- your rights in relation to your information.
At RATCHET we take your privacy seriously. We operate on the principle that your personal information belongs to you and only you can decide who you want to share it with and why. This is fundamental to the way we work, and we’re committed to providing a secure environment for you to store your personal information and share it with others when you want to.
When does this Policy apply
This Policy and any agreement we enter into together apply to your use of the Website and the Services.
Here is the information we may collect about you
1. Information you voluntarily provide
- If you contact us (by phone, email or through the Website), we may keep a record of that correspondence for a period of time in case we need to contact you in relation to the issue for which you contacted us, for operational performance improvement and/or nuisance caller management. We will not use it for marketing purposes.
- If you report a problem with the Services, we may keep that information for a period of time in case we need to contact you in relation to the issue you for which you contacted us, for operational performance improvement and/or nuisance caller management. We will not use it for marketing purposes.
The information you give may include your name, address, telephone number and email address.
2. Information we collect about you and your device
When you use the Website and interact and with our Services, we may use technology such as that provided by OVH to collect information about your visit to our Website. The information we collect may include:
- your IP address;
- the type of browser you use (e.g. are you using the Chrome or Safari browser?); and
- the number of sessions per browser on each device;
- the type of device (e.g. Samsung) and operating system (e.g. Android) you are using;
- referrer information;
- time zone;
- user preferences; and
- which pages you visited
This is what we do with the information we collect about you
We may use the information you provide to us to:
- enable us to provide the Services;
- ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device to achieve the most user-friendly navigation experience;
- periodically send email notifications such as newsletters about our Services, our success stories or other information which we think you may find interesting (you may opt out from receiving such information at any time);
- notify you about changes to the Website and the Services;
- carry out our obligations arising out of the agreement you entered with us for the provision of the Services; and/or
- defend our servers against malicious attacks.
Where we propose using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
Our use of aggregated and anonymised information
We may share anonymised usage data which does not identify you specifically with third parties. We may combine your data with those of other users of our Website and share this information in aggregated and anonymised form with third parties to help us improve the design and delivery of our Services, increasing the effectiveness for all users of our Services.
This is who we share your information with
We will only share your information with other organisations where we have your permission to do so in accordance with this Policy or where we believe it is necessary for a legitimate reason connected with the use of our Website and the provision of our Services.
We may work with analytics providers and credit providers and we may receive information about you from them. Below is a non-exhaustive list of third parties we work with from time to time. We may work with third parties not listed below or stop working with the third parties listed below.
|Name of third party
|Why we work with them
|To monitor App and Website performance & user experience.
|Google Apps for Work
|To process emails.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request;
- in the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer;
- to further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud;
- to enforce or apply our agreements with you and with third parties or to investigate potential breaches; or
- to protect the rights, property or safety of our Website or our users.
Our use of cookie, pixels and local storage
Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored on your computer, mobile phone or other device. Pixels are small blocks of code on web pages that do things like allow another server to measure viewing of a Web page and are often used in connection with cookies. HTML5 Local Storage is a small database located inside your browser which web pages can use to store data to speed up their processing. We may use all three technologies from time to time, to help improve your browsing experience.
We have outlined below the individual cookies we use and why we use them:
|Used by our host to memorize which server cluster the tasks of the site are executed.
|Used by our host to memorize which server cluster the tasks of the site are executed.
This is where we store your information
The data that we collect from you may be processed outside the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA) but we have ensured that there is an adequate level of protection for such data and we would only ever transfer your personal information outside the EEA in compliance with applicable data protection laws (including the GDPR).
Keeping information secure
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable technical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
All personal information you provide to us is stored using secure systems including for example in our Customer Relationship Management solution which is operated by FullContact. More information on this provider is available at https://www.fullcontact.com/privacy-center/.
Here are your rights
We think it is important that you are able to control your personal information.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at email@example.com In addition, whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the Website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes·
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
The law gives you the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We first require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification. We will supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files. In addition, you may request rectification or erasure of personal information as well as the restriction of processing of your personal information.
If you wish to complain about the processing of your personal information then please contact us first, but if we do not satisfactorily deal with your complaint, then you may contact the Information Commissioner.
If you want to stop using the Website and the Services, you may do so. If you do, you may also want to remove any cookies that we have placed on any device used to access the Website and the Services.
Our email newsletter
Our Website operates an email newsletter programme, used to inform subscribers about our Services and updates supplied by this Website. You can subscribe through an online automated process should you wish to do so but do so at your own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior agreement with you.
Email marketing campaigns published by our website may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include amongst other things: the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity. You are given the opportunity to unsubscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable, please simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to unsubscribe.
Third party properties accessed from the website
Our Website and Services may contain links to and from the online properties of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these online properties, please note that these online properties have their own privacy policies which will govern use of any personal data that they process. Please check these policies carefully before you click on any links and/or submit any personal data to these online properties.
Change of control
If the ownership of our business changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner so they can continue to operate the Website and provide the Services. The new owner will be obliged to comply with this Policy.
Changes to our Policy
Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page. Where it makes sense because the changes are material, we will notify you of the changes by e-mail or in another appropriate manner such as when you next interact with the Website.
Contacting us is easy and we want to hear from you
We really do welcome any questions, comments and requests you may have regarding this Policy. You can contact us by emailing us at email@example.com.
Last Updated: January 2024