What we collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect, store and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you accessed. Such information includes traffic data, location data, timing, frequency, and other communication data,
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or to receive our newsletter and updates,
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
Typically it means we may collect the following information:
- IP address,
- Name and job title,
- Contact information including email address,
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests,
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather
We may use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Administer our website and business (e.g. keep our internal records up-to-date),
- Customise the website according to your interests,
- Improve our products, services and your experience when visiting our website,
- Periodically send emails notifications such as newsletters about our services, our success stories or other information which we think you may find interesting,
- Deal with enquiries made by or about you relating to our website,
- From time to time, use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the UK (in a cloud based CRM for example) for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our up most to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer,
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information,
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Our website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about services and updates supplied by this website. You can subscribe through an online automated process should you wish to do so but do so at your own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with you.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
Email marketing campaigns published by our website may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity (this is by no far a comprehensive list).This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that our website participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
We advise you to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. We will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
Our website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. We advise you before using such social sharing buttons that you do so at your own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
Our website through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy URL’s (e.g. bit.ly mini URL).
We advise you to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened URL’s published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine URL’s are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable technical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes,
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The projects showcased in the Work section were produced at the following agencies: Ratchet Digital (of which Tom is a full partner), Wise Yeti (of which Tom is a full partner) and Ratchet Films (of which Katherine is a full partner)
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should occasionally check this to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 1st of January 2015.
www.weareratchet.com is a site operated by RATCHET (“We”); we are a limited company registered in England and Wales under registration number 8918660. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Intellectual property rights
Copyright (c) 2015 RATCHET
RATCHET is a UK registered trade mark of RATCHET Limited.
We are the owner or the licensee of all copyright/trademark and other intellectual property rights in our website and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world.
All the copyright/trademark and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved.
Accessing our site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below).
We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
All reasonable measures are taken by us to ensure that this website is operational all day, every day. However, occasionally technical issues may result in some downtime. We will accordingly not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Where possible we always try to give advance warning of maintenance issues that may result in Website down time but we shall not be obliged to provide such notice.
Licence to use website
You may for your personal reference, and to draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site:
- View pages from our website in a web browser,
- Download pages from our website for caching in a web browser,
- Stream audio and video files from our website,
- Print pages from our website for your personal reference.
You must not edit or otherwise modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
- Republish material from our website (including republication on another website),
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from our website,
- Show any material from our website in public,
- Exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or
- Redistribute material from our website.
You must not:
- Use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website,
- Use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity,
- Misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site.
- Attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
- Use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software,
- Conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent,
- Access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means,
- Violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our website,
- Use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing),
- Use data collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities.
You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
Links to and from other websites
- You do not seek to imply that we are endorsing the services or products of another party unless this has been agreed with us in writing,
- You do not misrepresent your relationship with this website; and
- The website from which you link to RATCHET website does not contain offensive or otherwise controversial content or, content that infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of a third party.
By linking to our website in breach of this clause, you shall indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered to this website as a result of such linking.
Limited Warranties & Disclaimer
The materials contained on our site are provided for general information purposes only and do not claim to be or constitute legal or other professional advice and shall not be relied upon as such. Whilst we do take all reasonable steps to make sure that the information on this website is up to date and accurate at all times we do not guarantee that all material is accurate and ,or up to date. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. We do not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on the information on this site and to the fullest extent permitted by English law, we exclude all liability for loss or damages direct or indirect arising from use of this site.
- Loss of income or revenue,
- Loss of business,
- Loss of profits or contracts,
- Loss of anticipated savings,
- Loss of data,
- Loss of goodwill,
- Wasted management or office time; and
- For any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Limitations and exclusions of liability
Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
- Limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence,
- Limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation,
- Limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- Exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in these terms and conditions:
- Are subject to the first (above) paragraph of this section ‘Limitations and Exclusions of Liability’; and
- Govern all liabilities arising under these terms and conditions or relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
- To the extent that our website and the information and services on our website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.]
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, data, commercial opportunities, goodwill or wasted management or office time; and
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers and employees and, having regard to that interest, you acknowledge that we are a limited liability entity; you agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website or these terms and conditions (this will not, of course, limit or exclude the liability of the limited liability entity itself for the acts and omissions of our officers and employees).
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may:
- Send you one or more formal warnings,
- Temporarily suspend your access to our website,
- Permanently prohibit you from accessing our website,
- Block computers using your IP address from accessing our website,
- Contact any or all your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our website,
- Commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise; and/or
- Suspend or delete your account (when applicable) on our website.
Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to our website or a part of our website, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking (including without limitation creating and/or using a different account).
You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions. You may not without our prior written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these terms and conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
Third party rights
These terms and conditions are for our benefit and your benefit, and these terms and conditions are not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party. The exercise of the parties’ rights under these terms and conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
Subject to Section ‘Limitations and exclusions of liability’, these terms and conditions, together with our privacy and cookies policy, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website and shall supersede all previous agreements between you and us in relation to your use of our website.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
This website is owned and operated by RATCHET Limited.
We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 8918660 and our registered office is at 3rd Floor, 3 Fitzhardinge Street, London, W1H 6EF.
Our principal place of business is at Unit 111, The Print Rooms, 164-180 Union Street, London, SE1 0LH